Russell Hobbs produce the Legacy kettle range, of traditional Pyramid styled kettles, they look nice BUT… many complaints about quality especially the lid, the handles snap off often, steam escapes readily and we find them difficult to pour due to the styling.
Morphy Richards produce the Accents Pyramid, similar in looks to the Russell Hobbs legacy, it looks good and seems more robust with much higher positive reviews BUT…. We’ve had reports of peeling and fading paint and too many have started leaking after a couple of years, the guarantee must be registered online and is for only 2 years, Russell Hobbs guarantee is for 3 years.
Despite this both kettles are extremely popular and hundreds of PainFree users have given positive feedback, so get one you like the looks, but a few of you will be disappointed.
Now the Russell Hobbs Special 60th Anniversary Legacy Kettle is how we think they should’ve made them in the first place, this is a decent bit of kit:
- 2400 watt 1.7 litre quick boil (1 cup in 45 seconds).
- Rapid boil zone denoting 1, 2 and 3 cup options.
- Ergonomically designed easy carry / easy pour handle and drip free perfect pour spout
- 360 base with cord storage.
- Can fill through spout without removing lid.
- Removable washable limescale filter.
- Filling gauge in handle easy to see for right & left-handed users.
- 2 year guarantee, register your kettle online and get an extra year for free.
Measuring 29.8 x 23.2 x 22.8 cm,
Available in polished stainless steel or Metallic red stainless steel with the Russell Hobbs logo embossed.
Also as the Legacy Floral in black with a floral pattern.
NB: These are becoming scare, if you find one grab it.