Can you believe that this is the same design they used in 1947? This is one of those iconic designs which will still look good in a thousand years.
Some people swear by Dualit at the worlds best toaster and use them trouble free for years, but a significantly large minority have major issues, mostly build quality and faulty timers If I were to spend over £100 on a 2 slice toaster ( which I would never do) I would opt for the Magimix it’s got a 3 year guarantee and greater degree of customer satisfaction.
So what do you get for your money?
- Hand built in England
- Designed for use in commercial kitchens (but are they commercial quality? )
- Mechanical timer to control toasting
- Manually operated eject lever to keep items warm until needed
- Selector switch- use only the slots required
- Adjustable inner wire guard to grip toast
- Replaceable / repairable parts – Dualit will repair (at a cost)
- Easy cleaning with a stainless steel cover
- High lift mechanism to remove small items easily
- Extra wide 28 mm slots to accommodate larger items like bagels and the optional sandwich cage
- Concealed, removable crumb tray
- Adjustable rear foot
- Proheat elements designed with protective layer over the wires, making them virtually unbreakable
What you don’t get is an overall guarantee, just 2 years on the ‘unbreakable’ elements and a standard 1 year guarantee on the rest.
This may sound strange but if you really do want one shop around the second hand shops and get one made about 20 – 30 years ago, it may outlast a new one bought today!
Dimensions : 21.01 x 26.01 x 22 cm. Weight 3.5kg