Beldray is a British company established in 1872 and credited with designing the first adjustable ironing board.
Unlike other companies they guarantee their irons against damge by limescale build without the need for expensive cartridge replacements.
Beldray advise you to use tap water with the steam generator surge pro. When the ‘clean filter’ indicator lights up you remove and clean the filter and replace it. If you don’t do this the filter blocks up, not the iron, and your iron will eventually receive so little water it will not work until you clean the filter.
The filter sits in the water tank and can be easily removed for cleaning.
They only give a one year guarantee, but as it covers limescale build up we believe this is a budget iron is worth buying especially if you live in a very hard water area. For a list of hard water areas visit our Steam Generator Iron Buying Guide.
There are 2 models, the one featured here is the 2700 watt version
- 100g/min continuous steam
- variable temperature control
- Digital control panel
- Ceramic soleplate
- Vertical steaming for upholstery, curtains and hanging clothes.
- It also carries out precise horizontal ironing for an effortlessly sleek finish on any fabric.
- Easy to fill removable 2 litre water tank
- Cord storage around the bottom of the station,
Dimensions : Length 37cm x Width 18.5cm x Height 27cm. 1.8m power cord