What We Do
We take the hassle out of appliance shopping!
Notice how frustrating appliance shopping has become?
- Thousands of appliances with hundreds of features, how do you choose?
- Go online, type "Toasters" in Amazon and get over 5000 products, how do you choose from that lot! - Pain
- Sit for an hour or two reading long-winded reviews that pick apart appliances in detail and still leave you uncertain about which to buy! -Pain
- Or worse be fooled by fake 'users' who are paid to write good reviews - pain, pain and more pain!
- Try the electrical stores, the assistant is more interested in selling you a 3 year extended warranty! - Pain.
- Try Argos, a catalog full of products and no one to tell you how they actually perform! - Pain.
Well not anymore, we've had enough, Shop smart, Shop quick, Shop PainFree
It All Started with a Dropped Kettle
I dropped my kettle, and thought I'd order a new one from Amazon before going off to work.
There are thousands of kettles online, too many to choose from quickly
I was going to need help, these things were doing stuff I never knew kettles could do.
There seem to be more review sites than kettles, and every one has a different top selection.
Many people are paid to write reviews, who do you trust?
2 hours later I shut my browser and decided to get one from the supermarket on the way home, 2 weeks later I took the Chinese cheapie back and got a refund.
All I wanted was someone to tell me out of the thousands available which one would do what I need: Fill easily, boil water quietly and quickly without spraying me with hot water and steam, pour without dribbling and keep working day in day out for a few years.
There is a massive oversupply of cheap small electrical household appliances and the vast majority of the ones that actually work, don't work well, break down in a few months and then have to be replaced.
Even the top end brands seem to suffer the same, with the hyped up advertising failing to match the performance of the product.
We don't have the time to spare to spend hours researching for an appliance as simple as a kettle, iron or toaster, but as we use them everyday we need something that works, is reliable and need to find it ASAP as we usually only buy one when the old one breaks down.
It wasn't just me, my colleagues, friends, contacts, all had similar stores about buying toasters, blenders, irons etc....
We need a Pain free shopping experience and no one was giving us one.
Well if you want something done do it yourself, so out of my frustration PainFree shopping was born.
Our aim is to help you by selecting from thousands of small electrical appliances the few that are actually worth buying, that's why in some of our best buy lists you will see very few products.
We don't get paid to test or review appliances, if a manufacturer wants us to look at something we will and give them our honest opinion.